Read Emily’s Story
Read Brad’s Story
This is a project dedicated to you, reader, to help break down the stigma of those suffering from mental health issues.
Each post will feature a different person. It will contain a story of
- Where they came from (family, culture, anything significant)
- When they started noticing they weren’t happy
- What, if anything, they feel brought about that change
- What, if any, diagnosis they have been given (optional)
- What reactions they’ve had to telling people about how they’ve been feeling
- What they wish people would understand
- What they want out of life
Along with their story will be two artistic representations:
- What it looks like inside their heads now
- What they wish it would look like inside their heads
To finish each piece, a photo of the person will be included, followed by (example) “My name is ________. And I deserve Better Than This.”
The point of the project is to show that people from all walks of life can suffer mental health issues, no matter what they look like. If you do not want your face shown, I would encourage you to consider either not entering or submitting a photo with sunglasses on (or similar) to conceal part of your identity. First names only will be used, whatever is included in the submission.
If you would like your brief story featured in this new project, please send photos or files of your artistic representations (any media will do, including poetry) and story to: email@example.com
While I may not be able to feature every submission, I will feature all I can. This will be an on-going project, so there is no rush.
*No prizes are awarded, this project is not in affiliation with any other company or organisation. Open worldwide, please do not contain any sensitive information you do not want published on this blog. By submitting your entry you agree the owner of talkingthisandthat.wordpress.com is in no way liable or responsible for any consequences relating to being featured on this blog. In return, the owner of talkingthisandthat.wordpress.com agrees not to share your personal information with any third parties, and all email addresses are confidential and will not be shared with anyone else or published anywhere. Enter at your own risk.